Friday 2 January 2009: 30/90 CALS + CARDIO

30/90 PUSH-UPS / PULL-UPS + CARDIO

Perform five of the following circuits in twenty minutes.

  • 30 seconds - A set of Push-ups
  • 90 seconds - Cardio
  • 30 seconds - A set of Pull-ups
  • 90 seconds - Cardio

The sets of push-ups and pull-ups do not have to last the entire thirty seconds allotted for them. Simply perform a set based on your current ability, allowing adequate time to transition back to the cardio movement of your choice.

Cardio Suggestions:

  • Jump Rope or Jumping Jacks or Squats
  • Burpees or Squat Thrusts
  • Running or Powerwalking
  • Dumbbell/Kettlebell/Sand-jug Swings
  • Heavy Bag Punching or Shadowboxing

Substitutions for Intermediate and Basic:

  • Push-ups - Knee Push-ups
  • Pull-ups - Partial, Assisted, or Jumping Pull-ups or BodyRows

Post results to Comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Where can I get a copy of the spreadsheet that was used for the pushup challenge from a few years ago?

thanks for your time.

tom_hotz@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Good WOD.

As my cardio I did 20 Hindu Pushups and about a minute of shadowboxing.

JME, keep em coming. Even though I don't post a comment every day, I DO check into this blog daily.

Its a great resource, and I'm recommending it to several people who I know will dig it.

Demian

Anonymous said...

Perform five circuits in twenty minutes of:

30 sec A set 10 of Ring Push-ups
90 sec Cardio Tuck jumps and quick jumps on a mini tramp
30 sec Alternate sets of 5 Chin-ups Pull-ups
90 sec Slider skating

Thanks for another great workout. I agree with Demian. I may not post very often, but yours is my favorite fitness site on the web.

Bob

JME said...

Tom,

I think that spreadsheet eventually disappeared. It seemed someone was looking for it earlier in 2008.

I'll check around again and make sure, but I am fairly certain I don't have a copy anymore.

Joel