Perform intermittent sprints of varying lengths and intensities during brisk walking and easy running (or jogging) for twenty minutes.
Today's workout involves random combinations of fast walking, easy running, and sprinting. After several minutes (~5 minutes) of powerwalking and/or easy running, begin performing intermittent sprints. Vary the length and intensity of each sprint (E.g. Sprint for twenty seconds, jog for 90 seconds, sprint hard for ten seconds, walk/jog for two minutes, etc.).
If you are unable to recover sufficiently by jogging, reduce your pace to a walk. Go slower at first than you think is necessary. It is easy to overdo it on this workout. Vary your pace every one to three minutes throughout the twenty minutes training session.
Ideas to incorporate in your workout:
- High intensity sprints of 8-15 seconds
- Medium intensity sprints of 15-30 seconds
- High/medium intensity running for 1-3 minutes
- Sets of Jumping Jacks, Burpees, Mountain Climbers, or Jump Squats
- Sets of Squats, Lunges, or Pushups
- Bear Crawling or Crab Crawling